INFO@4TI.CO.UK | +44 1306 884 885
CONTACT US | DOWNLOADS | EXHIBITIONS
FrameStar® 384 Well Skirted PCR Plate
Round 96 Deep Well Storage Plates for use with Magnetic Separators
1.5 and 2.0 ml Microcentrifuge Tubes
Low Binding Products
On October 5, 2017 4titude® was acquired by Brooks Automation, Inc. to join the Consumables and Instruments division of Brooks Life Sciences.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY AGREED IN WRITING, ALL SALES ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING BROOKS AUTOMATION, INC. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR LIFE SCIENCES EQUIPMENT:
1. GENERAL. Brooks Automation, Inc. ("Seller") hereby offers for sale to the buyer (“Buyer”) (each a “Party” and collectively, the “Parties) the products (the "Products") listed in a sales quotation (the “Quotation”) on the express condition that Buyer agrees to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any provisions contained in any document issued by Buyer are expressly rejected and if the terms and conditions in this Agreement differ from the terms of Buyer’s offer, this document shall be construed as a counter offer and shall not be effective as an acceptance of Buyer’s document. Buyer’s issuance of a purchase order to Seller for the Products, receipt of Products, or Seller’s commencement of the services provided hereunder will constitute Buyer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and the documents referenced in Article 13, "Order of Precedence" contained herein, which collectively comprise the contract (the "Contract") between the Parties. This is the complete and exclusive statement of the Contract between Seller and Buyer with respect to Buyer's purchase of the Products. No waiver, consent, modification, amendment or change of the terms contained herein shall be binding unless in writing and signed by Seller and Buyer. Seller's failure to object to terms contained in any subsequent communication from Buyer will not be a waiver or modification of the terms set forth herein. All orders are subject to acceptance in writing by an authorized representative of Seller.
2. PRICE. All prices published by Seller or quoted by Seller's representatives may be changed at any time without notice. All prices quoted by Seller or Seller’s representatives are valid for thirty (30) days, unless otherwise stated in writing. All prices for the Products will be as specified by Seller or, if no price has been specified or quoted, will be Seller's price in effect at the time of shipment. All prices are subject to adjustment on account of specifications, quantities, raw materials, cost of production, shipment arrangements or other terms or conditions which are not part of the Quotation.
3. TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES. Prices for the Products exclude all sales, value added and other taxes and duties imposed with respect to the sale, delivery, or use of any Products covered hereby, all of which taxes and duties must be paid by Buyer. If Buyer claims any exemption, Buyer must provide a valid, signed certificate or letter of exemption for each respective jurisdiction.
4. PRODUCT ACCEPTANCE. The Products shall be deemed finally accepted upon delivery unless the Quotation specifies acceptance based on successful Site Acceptance Testing (SAT). SAT shall be conducted in accordance with the SAT documentation provided with the Quotation or, in the absence of such materials, in accordance with Seller’s established practices.
5. TERMS OF PAYMENT. Seller may invoice Buyer for the Products upon shipment. For orders that require a SAT, Seller shall invoice and Buyer shall pay the purchase price as follows: Fifty percent (50%) upon issuance of order; Forty Percent (40%) upon delivery, and ten percent (10%) upon SAT. All payments shall be due NET 30 from receipt of invoice. If Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due, Buyer shall pay Seller interest thereon at a periodic rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month (or, if lower, the highest rate permitted by law), together with all costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements and court costs) incurred by Seller in collecting such overdue amounts or otherwise enforcing Seller's rights hereunder. Seller reserves the right to require from Buyer full or partial payment in advance, or other security that is satisfactory to Seller, at any time that Seller believes in good faith that Buyer's financial condition does not justify the terms of payment specified.
6. DELIVERY; CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY BUYER. The Products will be shipped to the destination specified by Buyer, FCA origin, INCOTERMS 2010. Seller will have the right, at its election, to make partial shipments of the Products and to invoice each shipment separately. Seller reserves the right to stop delivery of Products in transit and to withhold shipments in whole or in part if Buyer fails to make any payment to Seller when due or otherwise fails to perform its obligations hereunder. All shipping dates are approximate only, and Seller will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any delay in delivery or failure to deliver which is due to any cause beyond Seller's reasonable control. In the event of a delay due to any cause beyond Seller's reasonable control, Seller reserves the right to terminate the order or to reschedule the shipment within a reasonable period of time, and Buyer will not be entitled to refuse delivery or otherwise be relieved of any obligations as the result of such delay. Products as to which delivery is delayed due to any cause within Buyer's control may be placed in storage by Seller at Buyer's risk and expense and for Buyer's account. Orders in process may be canceled only with Seller's written consent and upon payment of Seller's cancellation charges, which may include a restocking charge. Orders in process may not be changed except with Seller's written consent and upon agreement by the parties as to an appropriate adjustment in the purchase price therefor. Credit will not be allowed for Products returned without the prior written consent of Seller.
7. TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS. Notwithstanding the trade terms indicated above and subject to Seller's right to stop delivery of Products in transit, title to and risk of loss of the Products will pass to Buyer upon delivery of possession of the Products by Seller to the carrier; provided, however, that title to any software incorporated within or forming a part of the Products shall at all times remain with Seller or the licensor(s) thereof, as the case may be.
8. WARRANTY. Seller warrants that the Products will operate or perform substantially in conformance with Seller's published specifications and be free from defects in material and workmanship, when subjected to normal, proper and intended usage by properly trained personnel, for the period of time set forth in the product documentation, published specifications or package inserts. If a period of time is not specified in Seller’s product documentation, published specifications or package inserts, the warranty period shall be one (1) year from the date of delivery, and where applicable, one (1) year from successful SAT (the "Warranty Period"). Seller agrees during the Warranty Period, to repair or replace, at Seller's option, defective Products so as to cause the same to operate in substantial conformance with said published specifications; provided that Buyer shall (a) promptly notify Seller in writing upon the discovery of any defect, which notice shall include the product model and serial number (if applicable) and details of the warranty claim; and (b) after Seller’s review, Seller will provide Buyer with service data and/or a Return Material Authorization (“RMA”), which may include biohazard decontamination procedures and other product-specific handling instructions, then, if applicable, Buyer may return the defective Products to Seller with all costs prepaid by Buyer. Replacement parts may be new or refurbished, at the election of Seller. All replaced parts shall become the property of Seller. Shipment of Products subject to warranty shall be DAP origin. Consumables are expressly excluded from this warranty.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Products supplied by Seller that are obtained by Seller from an original manufacturer or third party supplier are not warranted by Seller, but Seller agrees to assign to Buyer any warranty rights in such Product that Seller may have from the original manufacturer or third party supplier, to the extent such assignment is allowed by such original manufacturer or third party supplier.
In no event shall Seller have any obligation to make repairs, replacements or corrections required, in whole or in part, as the result of (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) accident, disaster or event of force majeure, (iii) misuse, fault or negligence of or by Buyer, (iv) use of the Products in a manner for which they were not designed, (v) causes external to the Products such as, but not limited to, power failure or electrical power surges, (vi) improper storage and handling of the Products or (vii) use of the Products in combination with equipment or software not supplied by Seller. If Seller determines that Products for which Buyer has requested warranty services are not covered by the warranty hereunder, Buyer shall pay or reimburse Seller for all costs of investigating and responding to such request at Seller's then prevailing time and materials rates. If Seller provides repair services or replacement parts that are not covered by this warranty, Buyer shall pay Seller therefor at Seller's then prevailing time and materials rates. ANY INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, REPAIR, SERVICE, RELOCATION OR ALTERATION TO OR OF, OR OTHER TAMPERING WITH, THE PRODUCTS PERFORMED BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY OTHER THAN SELLER WITHOUT SELLER'S PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL, OR ANY USE OF REPLACEMENT PARTS NOT SUPPLIED BY SELLER, SHALL IMMEDIATELY VOID AND CANCEL ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE AFFECTED PRODUCTS. THE OBLIGATIONS CREATED BY THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT TO REPAIR OR REPLACE A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT SHALL BE THE SOLE REMEDY OF BUYER IN THE EVENT OF A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT AND ANY DAMAGE CAUSED THEREBY.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SELLER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE ERROR-FREE OR WILL ACCOMPLISH ANY PARTICULAR RESULT.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF BUYER FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ITS PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS.
9.1 By Seller. Seller agrees to indemnify, defend and save Buyer, its officer, directors, and employees from and against any and all damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) (“Indemnified Items”) for (i) injury to or death of persons or damage to real property to the extent caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Seller, its employees, agents or representatives or contractors in connection with the performance of services at Buyer’s premises under this Agreement and (ii) claims that a Product infringes any valid United States patent, copyright or trade secret; provided, however, Seller shall have no liability under this Section to the extent any such Indemnified Items are caused by (i) the negligence or willful misconduct of Buyer, its employees, agents or representatives or contractors, (ii) by any third party, (iii) use of a Product in combination with equipment or software not supplied by Seller where the Product would not itself be infringing, (iv) compliance with Buyer's designs, specifications or instructions, (v) use of the Product in an application or environment for which it was not designed or (vi) modifications of the Product by anyone other than Seller without Seller's prior written approval. Buyer shall provide Seller prompt written notice of any third party claim covered by Seller’s indemnification obligations hereunder. Seller shall have the right to assume exclusive control of the defense of such claim or, at the option of the Seller, to settle the same. Buyer agrees to cooperate reasonably with Seller in connection with the performance by Seller of its obligations in this Section.
Notwithstanding the above, Seller’s infringement related indemnification obligations shall be extinguished and relieved if Seller, at its discretion and at its own expense (a) procures for Buyer the right, at no additional expense to Buyer, to continue using the Product; (b) replaces or modifies the Product so that it becomes non-infringing, provided the modification or replacement does not adversely affect the specifications of the Product; or (c) in the event (a) and (b) are not practical, refund to Buyer the amortized amounts paid by Buyer with respect thereto, based on a five (5) year amortization schedule. THE FOREGOING INDEMNIFICATION PROVISION STATES SELLER'S ENTIRE LIABILITY TO BUYER FOR THE CLAIMS DESCRIBED HEREIN.
9.2 By Buyer. Buyer shall indemnify, defend with competent and experienced counsel and hold harmless Seller, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees, from and against any and all damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements and court costs) to the extent arising from or in connection with (i) the negligence or wilful misconduct of Buyer, its agents, employees, representatives or contractors; (ii) use of a Product in combination with equipment or software not supplied by Seller where the Product itself would not be infringing; (iii) Seller's compliance with designs, specifications or instructions supplied to Seller by Buyer; (iv) use of a Product in an application or environment for which it was not designed; or (v) modifications of a Product by anyone other than Seller without Seller's prior written approval.
10. SOFTWARE. With respect to any software products incorporated in or forming a part of the Products hereunder, Seller and Buyer intend and agree that such software products are being licensed and not sold, and that the words "purchase", "sell" or similar or derivative words are understood and agreed to mean "license", and that the word "Buyer" or similar or derivative words are understood and agreed to mean "licensee". Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Seller or its licensor, as the case may be, retains all rights and interest in software products provided hereunder.
Seller hereby grants to Buyer a royalty-free, non-exclusive, nontransferable license, without power to sublicense, to use software provided hereunder solely for Buyer's own internal business purposes on the hardware products provided hereunder and to use the related documentation solely for Buyer's own internal business purposes. This license terminates when Buyer's lawful possession of the hardware products provided hereunder ceases, unless earlier terminated as provided herein. Buyer agrees to hold in confidence and not to sell, transfer, license, loan or otherwise make available in any form to third parties the software products and related documentation provided hereunder. Buyer may not disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer, copy, modify, enhance or otherwise change or supplement the software products provided hereunder without Seller's prior written consent. Seller will be entitled to terminate this license if Buyer fails to comply with any term or condition herein. Buyer agrees, upon termination of this license, immediately to return to Seller all software products and related documentation provided hereunder and all copies and portions thereof.
Certain of the software products provided by Seller may be owned by one or more third parties and licensed to Seller. Accordingly, Seller and Buyer agree that such third parties retain ownership of and title to such software products. The warranty and indemnification provisions set forth herein shall not apply to software products owned by third parties and provided hereunder.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE LIABILITY OF SELLER UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (WHETHER BY REASON OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, INDEMNIFICATION, OR OTHERWISE, BUT EXCLUDING LIABILITY OF SELLER FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY (THE SOLE REMEDY FOR WHICH SHALL BE AS PROVIDED UNDER SECTION 8 ABOVE)) SHALL NOT EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE LESSER OF (A) THE TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE THERETOFORE PAID BY BUYER TO SELLER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT(S) GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY OR (B) ONE MILLION DOLLARS ($1,000,000). NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF GOODWILL), REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SELLER (a) HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR (b) IS NEGLIGENT. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT DAMAGE TO ANY SAMPLES OR ITEMS STORED IN THE PRODUCTS SHALL CONSTITUTE CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUBJECT TO THE PRECEDING DISCLAIMER.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. Buyer acknowledges that each Product and any related software and technology, including technical information supplied by Seller or contained in documents (collectively “Items”), is subject to export controls of the U.S. government. The export controls may include, but are not limited to, those of the Export Administration Regulations of the U.S. Department of Commerce (the “EAR”), which may restrict or require licenses for the export of Items from the United States and their re-export from other countries. Buyer shall comply with the EAR and all other applicable laws, regulations, laws, treaties, and agreements relating to the export, re-export, and import of any Item. Buyer shall not, without first obtaining the required license to do so from the appropriate U.S. government agency; (i) export or re-export any Item, or (ii) export, re-export, distribute or supply any Item to any restricted or embargoed country or to a person or entity whose privilege to participate in exports has been denied or restricted by the U.S. government. Buyer shall, if requested by Seller, provide information on the end user and end use of any Item exported by the Buyer or to be exported by the Buyer. Buyer shall cooperate fully with Seller in any official or unofficial audit or inspection related to applicable export or import control laws or regulations, and shall indemnify and hold Seller harmless from, or in connection with, any violation of this Section by Buyer or its employees, consultants, or agents.
13. Order of Precedence. The following documents comprise the Contract and any inconsistencies shall be resolved in accordance with the following descending order of precedence: (a) The Quotation; (b) These Terms and Conditions; (c) The Acceptance Test Document (if applicable); (d) The Statement of Work (if applicable).
14. Survival. The following articles of these Terms and Conditions shall survive termination or cancellation of the Contract: Articles 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ,15 and 16.
15. Remedies. The rights and remedies contained herein shall be exclusive and not cumulative to any rights or remedies at law or equity.
a. Buyer may not delegate any duties nor assign any rights or claims hereunder without Seller's prior written consent, and any such attempted delegation or assignment shall be void.
b. The rights and obligations of the Parties hereunder, including any claims arising out of or related to this sale of goods shall be governed, construed and enforced under the laws of the State of Massachusetts, excluding its choice of law provisions. Each Party hereby irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts in any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement and waives any other venue to which it may be entitled by domicile or otherwise.
c. In the event of any legal proceeding between the Seller and Buyer relating to this Agreement, neither Party may claim the right to a trial by jury, and both Parties waive any right they may have under applicable law or otherwise to a right to a trial by jury. Any action arising under this Agreement must be brought within one (1) year from the date that the cause of action arose.
d. The application to this Agreement of the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
e. In the event that any one or more provisions contained herein shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall remain in full force and effect, unless the revision materially changes the bargain.
f. Seller's failure to enforce, or Seller's waiver of a breach of, any provision contained herein shall not constitute a waiver of any other breach or of such provision.
g. Buyer agrees that all pricing, discounts and technical information that Seller provides to Buyer are the confidential and proprietary information of Seller. Buyer agrees to (1) keep such information confidential and not disclose such information to any third party, and (2) use such information solely for Buyer’s internal purposes and in connection with the Products supplied hereunder. Nothing herein shall restrict the use of information available to the general public.
h. Any notice or communication required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed received when personally delivered or three (3) business days after being sent by certified mail, postage prepaid, to a Party at the address specified herein or at such other address as either Party may from time to time designate to the other.
i. The parties hereto agree that Buyer is not an agent or employee of Seller. Buyer has no expressed or implied authorization to incur any obligation or in any manner otherwise make any commitments on behalf of Seller. Buyer shall employ its own personnel and shall be responsible for them and their acts and in no way shall Seller be liable to Buyer, its employees or third parties for any losses, injuries, damages or the like occasioned by Buyer's activities in connection with this Agreement, except as expressly provided herein.
j. Neither party hereto shall be liable for default of any obligation hereunder (other than payment obligations) if such default results from the force majeure which includes, without limitation, governmental acts or directives; strikes; acts of God; war; insurrection, riot or civil commotion; fires, flooding or water damage; explosions, embargoes or delays in delivery, whether of the kind herein enumerated or otherwise, which are not within the reasonable control and without the negligence of the party affected.
k. This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties with regard to the matters dealt with herein, and supersedes all prior representations, negotiations, understandings and agreements, oral or written, between the Parties with respect thereto.
Terms and Conditions of Sale, December 2017 Version
Brooks Terms and Conditions can also be found at http://www.brooks.com/about/terms-and-conditions
Click here for Terms and Conditions of Purchase by Brooks Automation, Inc.
Disclaimer: FrameStar® and FrameStrip® are registered trademarks of 4titude® Limited; Vision Plate™, UltraVision™ Plate, Tear A Way™, Vari-Plate™, Vari-Strip™, CrystalStrips™, Q-Stick™, INDI™, FrameSeal™, 4LAB™, TubeMarker™ and 4s3™ are trademarks of 4titude® Limited; ABi PRISM® is a registeredtrademark of Applera Corporation; Biorad®, BaseStation™ and iCycler™ are trademarks of Biorad Laboratories Inc.; WAVE® is a registeredtrademark of Transgenomic Inc.; MegaBACE is a trademark of Amersham Plc.; Quantica® and Techne® are registered trademarks of Techne Ltd.; Stratagene®, Mx3000™ and Mx4000™ are trademarks of Stratagene Inc.; Biometra® is a registered trademark of Biometra GmbH; DNA Engine™, DNA Tetrad™ and PTC100™ are trademarks of Biorad Laboratories Inc.; Eppendorf® is a registered trademark of Eppendorf-Nethler-Hinz GmbH; Palm Cycler™ is a trademark of Corbett Research; MBS® is a registered trademark of Thermo Electron Corp.; The Q LifeCycler™ is a trademarkof MWG Biotech AG; Takara® is a registered trademark of Takara Shuzo Co. TaqMan® is a registered trademark of Roche Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. ALPS 300™ and ALPS 3000™ are trademarks of Thermo Electron Inc. PlateLoc® is a registered trademark of Velocity 11. LightCycler® is a registered trademark of Hoffmann-La Roche. REMP®, REMP Portrait Heat Sealer™, REMP Stacking Heat Sealer™, REMP EasySealer™ and REMP Landscape Heat Sealer™ are trademarks of REMP AG, Oberdiessbach, Switzerland.
FrameStar® PCR plates are covered by one or more of the following U.S. patents or their foreign counterparts, owned by Eppendorf AG: US PatentNos. 7,347,977 and 6,340,589